Thursday, July 5, 2012

What is it about a doorknob?


We were In Marion for the 4th of July specials and stopped at a store that had architectural salvage.  This store had a wonderful way of displaying door knobs in frames, boards and cupcake holders.  Come to find out the owner is enamored with doorknobs!  I start to share with him that I love doorknobs and the most unique one had a geisha girl surrounded by an umbrella and he knew the exact  set I was talking about.  Apparently I had (sold) the ever sought after Geisha Girl.   He then hands me an application for Antique Doorknob Collectors of America brochure.  Who knew!  I guess there is a collectors club of just about anything.

1 comment:

  1. Hi, nice post. Well what can I say is that these is an interesting and very informative topic. Thanks for sharing your ideas, its not just entertaining but also gives your reader knowledge. Good blogs style too, Cheers!
    Appraisals Boston

    ReplyDelete